Saturday, February 13, 2016

My Hero

Returned home a little while ago from my Uncle Red's (mother's brother) 90th birthday party. As he stood up there at the podium looking out at about 80 people who gathered to wish him well, all I can think about was how humbling it must be to know that you affected so many people over the span of your life that they just wanted to share in the joy with you. Uncle Red has always found the humor in so many situations, charity is his middle name, and his love for the Lord has made too many painful events in his life tolerable. He truly is my hero, and even though my usual anxiety kicked in and I was nervous about going I am so glad I did, I love this man and was so grateful to be included in his event. Thomas Yaskovic and I were joined by my brother Steven M Schweer, his wife Emily Schweer and my sister Joanne Mancuso and her husband Bob Mancuso, who continued the party together after at the Nautilus Diner, but pain, cramps and dehydration got the better of me so we begged off and came home. We got to visit with my sweet cousin Lori Mulholland Barr whom we never see often enough and her family, her husband Dave, her daughter Erin and sons Chris and Alex. Family is everything. PHoto of Uncle is in WW2, he was a radio man at the base of Iwo Jima when the USA took the hill.  He is dead center with his armed crossed, he was a teenager in this photo. 

KNIT ON!!! 

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! Best wishes for more years to him!!! Glad you got to visit with family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Grace! Hope you have a great day, lots of knitting time, and getting spoiled! I'd love it if you'd update your blog and let us know how you are doing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year later, and here I am wishing you another Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a great day, Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace,

    Not sure how to get in touch with you, but I'm so glad you stopped by my blog.

    The move was a big one this time and we are so happy to have made it. Even the CAT seems happier. LOL

    Hope all is well with you and Tom.

    Hugs,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete