Returned home a little while ago from my Uncle Red's (mother's brother) 90th birthday party. As he stood up there at the podium looking out at about 80 people who gathered to wish him well, all I can think about was how humbling it must be to know that you affected so many people over the span of your life that they just wanted to share in the joy with you. Uncle Red has always found the humor in so many situations, charity is his middle name, and his love for the Lord has made too many painful events in his life tolerable. He truly is my hero, and even though my usual anxiety kicked in and I was nervous about going I am so glad I did, I love this man and was so grateful to be included in his event. Thomas Yaskovic and I were joined by my brother Steven M Schweer, his wife Emily Schweer and my sister Joanne Mancuso and her husband Bob Mancuso, who continued the party together after at the Nautilus Diner, but pain, cramps and dehydration got the better of me so we begged off and came home. We got to visit with my sweet cousin Lori Mulholland Barr whom we never see often enough and her family, her husband Dave, her daughter Erin and sons Chris and Alex. Family is everything. PHoto of Uncle is in WW2, he was a radio man at the base of Iwo Jima when the USA took the hill. He is dead center with his armed crossed, he was a teenager in this photo.
Monday, February 8, 2016
Ssk or Knit2tog? SSKDouble your yarn or knit faster? Knit fasterRavelry or Pinterest RavelryStop n stretch or drive right through stop and stretchMountains or desert MountainsWatch sunrise or watch sunset SunsetFlu shot or no flu shot no flu shotTissue with lotion or plain tissue plain Mosquito repellent or cover up neither I don''t get bittenWalter Payton or Payton manning Manning I wasn't into football when Walter was aroundPets in your bed or close the door No Pets Wash your fruit or not depends
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
First Parippany/Troy Hills is not HOME, its where we live until we can make a change We moved here in 2002 to be closer to family, since then they have all moved away or died. That worked!!! But there is still some points of interest. I will share with you.
- Since 1967, the Vince Lombardi Trophy has been exclusively handcrafted by Tiffany & Co. in Parsippany each year for the winning team of the Super Bowl, as is the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy granted to the winner of the NBA Finals.
- The U.S. operations of Cadbury, Starbucks, and Ricola are located here.
- In the Seinfeld episode The Mom & Pop Store (originally aired on November 17, 1994), Jerry loses his shoes and finds out that they ended up at a garage sale in Parsippany
- In the The Karate Kid, Daniel's Uncle Louie is said to be from Parsippany
- In the movie The Ex Wesley (Lucian Maisel) states, "So during the school year I live with my mom in New Jersey. And I spend the summer here with my dad. But he's at work all the time, and all my friends live back in Parsippany, so it's pretty gay."
- Jane Krakowski (born 1968), actress, best known for her roles on Ally McBeal and 30 Rock and Trop50 commercials.
- In 2006, Parsippany-Troy Hills was recognized by Money magazine as the 17th-ranked of the Best Places to Live in the United States
- The television show House M.D. shot scenes for multiple episodes at the Greystone Psychiatric Hospital.
- Parsippany’s name comes from the Lenni-Lenape Indian word parsipanong, meaning the place where the river winds through the valley.
- In the 1920s and 30s, developers dammed the Rockaway River to form Rainbow Lakes, Manor Lake, Lake Hiawatha, Lake Intervale and Lake Parsippany. Those who signed up for a six-month newspaper subscription to The New York Daily Mirror were offered 20-by-100-foot lots on Lake Parsippany for $98.50 apiece
All information gleaned from the computer----its all new to me too!!!
Our recent snowstorm.
Monday, January 25, 2016
Today's Monday Meme: Two by Two
* What tempts you most ?
Your local yarn shop sale or
An online sale?
definitely online, I don't get around well, so online shopping is my friend
* Which do you put off more?
Weaving in ends
or button placement?
weaving in ends
Pompom or no pompom?
I suck at Pompoms so none!
*Electric blanket or down?
neither, have a faux fur throw that is perfect
pay for the tour or discover on your own?
*2016 Vacation plans?
In the works or already bought the tickets?
don't know if we will be able to it this year
*Photographs: outdoors or indoors?
*Scarf or cowl?
scarf hate anything around my neck, if it is a cowl it must be an infinity unlooped so it hangs scarf like
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Oh I must come out of retirement to share my tribute to David Bowie, who we lost to cancer Sunday, in a heart breaking, mind shattering surprise of a death. The Ten on Tuesday today is favorite songs, and my #1 Favorite song, brings to mind not only the The Thin White Duke but another dearly departed way to soon young man Heath Ledger.
- Golden Years----used in the movie A Knight's Tale (2001) with Heath Ledger as William Thatcher impersonating a Knight and dancing with fair Jocelyn to the sounds of Golden Years. One of my favorite all time movie scenes
- Little Drummer Boy with Bing Crosby---always one of my favorites
- Dancing in the Streets with Mick Jagger. just splendid
- Lets Dance
- Young American's
- Jean Genie
- Space Oddity
- Under Pressure
- China Girl
- and everything else he ever did
Rest in Peace and sing to Heath so he can dance one more time the native dance of Gilderland...............