- Since 1967, the Vince Lombardi Trophy has been exclusively handcrafted by Tiffany & Co. in Parsippany each year for the winning team of the Super Bowl, as is the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy granted to the winner of the NBA Finals.
- The U.S. operations of Cadbury, Starbucks, and Ricola are located here.
- In the Seinfeld episode The Mom & Pop Store (originally aired on November 17, 1994), Jerry loses his shoes and finds out that they ended up at a garage sale in Parsippany
- In the The Karate Kid, Daniel's Uncle Louie is said to be from Parsippany
- In the movie The Ex Wesley (Lucian Maisel) states, "So during the school year I live with my mom in New Jersey. And I spend the summer here with my dad. But he's at work all the time, and all my friends live back in Parsippany, so it's pretty gay."
- Jane Krakowski (born 1968), actress, best known for her roles on Ally McBeal and 30 Rock and Trop50 commercials.
- In 2006, Parsippany-Troy Hills was recognized by Money magazine as the 17th-ranked of the Best Places to Live in the United States
- The television show House M.D. shot scenes for multiple episodes at the Greystone Psychiatric Hospital.
- Parsippany’s name comes from the Lenni-Lenape Indian word parsipanong, meaning the place where the river winds through the valley.
- In the 1920s and 30s, developers dammed the Rockaway River to form Rainbow Lakes, Manor Lake, Lake Hiawatha, Lake Intervale and Lake Parsippany. Those who signed up for a six-month newspaper subscription to The New York Daily Mirror were offered 20-by-100-foot lots on Lake Parsippany for $98.50 apiece
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Ten Facts about my Hometown
First Parippany/Troy Hills is not HOME, its where we live until we can make a change We moved here in 2002 to be closer to family, since then they have all moved away or died. That worked!!! But there is still some points of interest. I will share with you.