I do love cheese now, but Tom is limited as to which he can eat, he can't eat aged cheese as it is very high in tyramine levels---which means increased prostrate growth and ER trips for a catheter, its easier to avoid cheese.
Some of our favorites have included:
- Swiss---nutty and an absolute favorite snacking cheese
- Wispride Spreadable Cheddar---I prefer it without the wine and do still snack on this a few times a week
- Homemade ricotta super easy to make and the best there is
- Mozzarella---even though buffalo is the best even the plain old everyday solid block can taste pretty good
- Romano/Parmesan who could think of pasta without it.
- Muenster--I have always enjoyed this especially over a burger
- Ricotta Salata---just a great snacking cheese.
- Cream Cheese----you can make it savory, you can make it sweet----how versatile can you get.
- Cheddar---a staple I miss since its usually aged although we do sneak in some jack cheeses into our diet,they aren't aged as long
- Feta---but only cold, I don't like it in cooked foods like omelets. But give me a Greek salad, or fish taco's and yummmmmmo!
A cheese I can't stand is Asiago----it just doesn't taste right to me, but Tom has always loved it and before we knew he shouldn't eat it he put it in everything well I finally had to speak up because I just wasn't enjoying anything he cooked. For him it is goat cheese---which I enjoy a lot. He doesn't care for the tang!
And this ends our tour through Cheeseville today.