Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekending

It seems silly to keep using this topic on Monday's since we never do anything different.  For most folks weekending starts on Friday Night, in our case that meant Domino's pizza---Thomas had not worked all week until Friday and he was hurting big time so had no desire to cook. That is fine, once in a blue moon pizza from there is doable and inexpensive.  He can only eat white pizza and he likes theirs, I like sausage but had onions and real tomato sauce on my little one.  It left me with two slices for lunch on Saturday

Saturday he worked again, again no problem, I had moved the living room furniture around on Friday so all the junk had gotten thrown in the bedroom, I tackled that on Saturday---unfortunately in the process I fell and hurt my already bad knee once again and my abdominal muscles went into one of those super deep cramps I get. That wasn't pleasant but I sat and relaxed in the afternoon, started the Noro Lace Circular Shawl in Queensland Llama Lace and in the evening after a turkey sandwich and some chips started a Mystery Shawl by Helen Bingham called Cha Feel. This is from stashed Elann Devon yarn and involves more cables. 2015 seems to be turning out to be the year of the cable. Noisy neighbor was very quiet this weekend and we truly relished in it. 

Sunday we were up and at it fairly early even with the time change, we did go to Westside for breakfast and lingered there for a while.  When we got home I settled in for a nice day of tea drinking, knitting, sitting out in the sun and eventually watching Dustin Johnson win the Cadillac/Trump-Doral golf tournament.  Tom made beef stock from marrow bones and veal bones and then using that made the absolute best pot roast, onions and carrots I ever had.  Growing up we both always had pot roast with potato in it, but I wanted that crazy good gravy over mashed potato and tonight we will be having hot open faced sandwiches. I am drooling already, when he feels like cooking that man shines. 
But this is what I was left with:




I am on a bit of a personal journey at the moment, who knows how long it will last. I read something recently that really stuck with me---Depression  is about living in the past, Anxiety is about living in the future and Contentment is about living in the day.   I am so guilty of the first two and a total failure at the last but I am going to try. I am also making some small dietary changes and I have to stop procrastinating about the doctor---our medicaid comes up for renewal soon and there is no guarantee we will get it again, so I have about 7 weeks to get things done or started or what have you and this includes the doctor, a surgeon, an osteo arthritis MD, a dentist and an eye doctor---now to just pick up the Da** phone. 

That is the end of my rant today---except maybe to say that sometimes when I read about the exciting weekends others have I do get a little jealous, but I guess we all have to learn to accept our limitations. 

KNIT ON! 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were blogging again. It's good to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cables are awesome!!!!! I <3 Cables!!!

    Funny story.. people came in to get carpet because they were pretty sure their downstairs neighbors were getting pissed at the noise... but alas it was in West Orange...

    ReplyDelete